Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JP[_4_] JP[_4_] is offline

Default Windows Script Host in Excel VBA

Have you tried setting a reference to Windows Script Host Object
Model?

In the VBA IDE (press Alt-F11), go to Tools References and look for
"Windows Script Host Object Model". If you can't find it, click Browse
and go to the system32 folder and look for wshom.ocx. Did you find it?

--JP

On Nov 2, 11:24*am, jasontferrell wrote:
This is not technically an Excel object, but I'm having a problem with
it within a workbook. *I have some code that calls the
FileSystemObject in a workbook that works fine on my machine, but does
not work on a colleague's machine, which appears to be identical (same
OS, Excel Version 2003).
The code fails on a line like this:
Set fso=New FileSystemObject
or set fso=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
The error is Automation Error The specified module could not be found.
If I go to Tools-References on the problem machine, it doesn't show
any missing referenced files. *Also, if I go to the Object Browser and
search for filesystemobject, it finds it. *Intellisense similarly can
look up the object. *However, I get this error indicating that it
cannot find the FileSystemObject. *What should I try next?