Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Greg Greg is offline

Default One column determins what formula to use

You Nailed It!!
It works as i was asking.
i was a little off in my formula. I was playing with it after my previous
post. i think my error was in this IF statement. my formula was the same
except for these statements after it "M", or "F",
IF(C6<=$C$2,

Thanks a Bunch. i was running out of things that i know to try.

"J_Knowles" wrote:

This may not be exactly what you want, but hopefully it will get you on the
right path:

=IF(B6="M",IF($C$2-C6<0,0,($C$2-C6)*$B$2),IF($C$3-C6<0,0,($C$3-C6)*$B$3))

HTH
--
Data Hog

"Greg" wrote:

Thank You!
i used this formula. i validated the M or F column to only those two values.
=IF(B6="M",($C$2-C6)*$B$2,($C$3-C6)*$B$3)

because someone can go over the Absolute values of C2 and C3 i get negative
numbers. Is there something i can insert to say if 0ver that value of C2 or
C3 it will =0?

Thanks Again.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Try a structure like this...

=IF(C1="M",<your one formula,IF(C1="F",<your other formula,""))

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Greg" wrote in message
I have Column C that has either M or F in the cell.
i would like to have a calculation in another column G
that if they put a M in column C it would use one formula and if they put
F in Column C it would use another formula.

what would be the proper way to go about this?

Thanks in Advance

.