Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
maywood maywood is offline

Default Lock different ranges after inserting data

Hello everyone,

again, I have a question concerning programming a macro in Excel 2003.

I have 3 different rows, let's say E3:Q3, E5:Q5 and E7:Q7. If someone enters
data into one or more cells of ONE row, I want the cells in the other 2 rows
to be locked. And the data which was entered to the cells of the one row
should be copied to the other 2 rows.
Example:
Someone enters a 1, 2, 3, 4,...,12 in the cells of E3:Q3. This data should
be copied to E5:Q5 and E7:Q7 and nobody should be able to overwrite this data
in these rows. There should be message box popping up, if someone trys to
change the copied data: "you can't put your data in here...go to row 3 to
change data."

Same thing should happen if somebody starts entering data in E5:Q5 or E7:Q7.
Thanks for your help!