Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Merlynsdad Merlynsdad is offline

Default Spaces in folder name and file name

I'm defining a constant that will access a file. I've been testing it with
the following constant:

Const cstrDatabaseWB As String = "C:\Documents and Settings\5YPJB\My
Documents\Excel documents\Sherry project\real1.xls"

That works fine. Now I'm working with the real file, named by someone else,
and I've got the constant defined as

Const cstrDatabaseWB As String = "G:\WI\ACS\ACS QA\FY10 CQRS and Local
Reviews (version 1).xls"

There is a space in the folder name "ACS AQ" and multiple spaces in the
filename. I'm getting a Run time Error 1004 Application/Object Defined Error
when the code tries to execute the following line:

Application.Workbooks.Open (cstrDatabaseWB)

I tried using single quotes inside the double quotes around the file name
but that didn't help. How do I need to modify this code to open this file?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.