Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Programming "Shape" objects (Part 2)

But looking through the object browser is painful for my old eyes!

Andy Pope wrote:

Dave, that is certainly a lot cleaner than the macro recorded Excel4 code :)

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Another option for that dynamic link:

Dim Shp As Shape
Set Shp = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 1")
Shp.DrawingObject.Formula = "=A1"

Andy Pope wrote:

Hi,

To create a dynamic link try,

ActiveSheet.Shapes("Oval 1").Select
ExecuteExcel4Macro "FORMULA(""=R1C1"")"

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Robert Crandal" wrote in message
Excellent! This works fantastic.

BTW, I tried putting a sum() formula in cell A1 instead of a
constant string. My formula is "=sum(A4:A6)". I noticed that if I
change the values of any cells between A4 to A6 that the sum
does not dynamically display on my shape object. Do you know
why this is happening??

Thank u sooo much!

"Patrick Molloy" wrote in
message ...
use the sheet's change event -- right click the sheet tab and select
view
code

If Target.Address = Range("A1").Address Then
Shapes("Oval 1").Select
Selection.Characters.Text = Target.Value
Target.Select

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson