Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
srosetti srosetti is offline

Default Unexpected issue with VBA code received

What the code does is moves the number data in excel from column C and
appends it to B.
It also formats that data to be in a "00000" data format because the
source data on my example from column C row 1 would look like 11.

The end result is it might look like this.

Widget 00011

My unexpected issue is that now I have some data that I believe excel
doesn't treat as a number. Some of the data

Example source

Column C row 2 = 11602-72401 Column B row 2 =Small Widget

end result = Small Widget11602-72401

as you can see the space between the txt and number don't exist. I
think because Excel treats the 11602-72401 number as text.

Here is the sample code:

Sub ConcatBandC()
Dim X As Long, LastRow As Long
LastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
For X = 2 To LastRow
Cells(X, "B").Value = Cells(X, "B").Value & Format( _
Cells(X, "C").Value, " 00000")
Next
End Sub

Any ideas on fixing the code so it will handle both examples?

Thanks