Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Davey Davey is offline

Default 60 Second Countdown NOT using the WAIT function...

Hi, all,
This timer totaly stops counting when I start typing on a cell.
Is there a way to keep it running, at least on the background?

Thanks,
Davey

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Use Ontime

Sub Countdown()
Static nCount As Long
Const CountTime As Long = 6 '0
If nCount = 0 Then
nCount = CountTime
Else
nCount = nCount - 1
End If
If nCount 0 Then
Range("A1").Value = nCount
nTime = Now() + TimeSerial(0, 0, 1)
Debug.Print nTime
Application.OnTime nTime, "Countdown"

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Trevor Williams" wrote in
message ...
Hi all

I am creating a 60 second countdown in XL2002 which currently uses the
system time and the wait function: Application.Wait (Now +
TimeValue("0:00:01")). After each second a cell value decreases (60 down

0) and another cells Interior.Colorindex is changed.

This works well, but I need to be able to interupt the countdown to add
data, and then resume the countdown - something that can't be done using

the
wait function.

I would like to interupt the countdown by pressing a button, which in turn
pops up a userform to add data to a table - (again, something that works

but
not whilst the countdown is working!)

Is there another way of approaching this?

Thanks in advance!

Trevor