Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
OssieMac OssieMac is offline

Default Trying to use Vlookup but it wont work

The value that you are looking up should be relative and the lookup range
should be absolute like the following

=VLOOKUP(B101,$BQ$98:$BR$138,2,FALSE)

OssieMac

"srosetti" wrote:

=VLOOKUP($B$100,BQ98:BR138,2,FALSE)

My Table Data lives in BQ98 to BR138 I'm checking it against B100

When I copy the formula down to the next row the formula changes, but
incorrectly

It will Change my entry when I copy it from row 100 to row 101 and
looks like this

=VLOOKUP($B$100,BQ99:BR139,2,FALSE)

as you can see it changes the range of my table, but not the B100 to a
B101

How do I achieve this? The formula should look something like this

=VLOOKUP($B$101,BQ98:BR138,2,FALSE)

I can't exactly change every row because I have 1000's of entries.

Thanks
.