Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Application.FileDialog .Filters.Add method not working as expected

I think I'd try something like this

..Filters.Add "Consolidation Reports*" & ".xls"

"geoff_ness" wrote:

Hello

I have used the following in Excel 2007 to allow a user to select a
file:

Dim fdObj As FileDialog

Set fdObj = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)
With fdObj
.AllowMultiSelect = False
.Title = gsAPP_NAME
.Filters.Clear
.Filters.Add "Consolidation Reports", ".xls"
.InitialView = msoFileDialogViewDetails
If .Show = -1 Then
.Execute
End If
End With

Set fdObj = Nothing

Fairly standard I would have thought, but this breaks on the line with
the .Filters.Add method, with error message "Invalid procedure call or
argument". What am I missing here?

Cheers
Geoff
.