Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tim Williams[_2_] Tim Williams[_2_] is offline

Default Help with selecting all cells in a sheet -- Error 1004

I don't think you can select cells in a hidden workbook.
If the workbook is hidden, why do you need to select the cells: what comes
after that ?

Tim

"Scott" wrote in message
Hello,

I am having problems selecting all the cells of a worksheet. I am
getting Error 1004.

I have two workbooks. Workbook1 is where the VBA code is running. I
want to select all the cells of the first sheet of Workbook2. After
opening Workbook2, I make it invisible.

In the vba code I call a subroutine and pass it Workbook2.

The following code causes error 1004:

dim ws as worksheet

set ws = workbook2.sheets(1)
ws.activate
ws.Cells.Select ***Error happens here

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am activating the worksheet
in Workbook2 and then trying to select the cells. Does anyone know
why I am getting the error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am totally stuck here.

Thanks,
Scott