Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
p45cal[_169_] p45cal[_169_] is offline

Default Macro to delete "unpinned" recent files

If I'm right about Application.RecentFiles.Count (this value is the
smaller of the number of entries in the registry and the
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum (this last is the -Number of Recent
files to show-)) being possibly smaller than the number of entries in
the registry, then code so far put forward will only delete those
visible in the Office Button list; others in the registry will move up
and become visible in the Office Button list. So we could temporarily
set the -Number of Recent files to show- to its maximum of 50 and put it
back to its previous setting afterwards:

OriginalMax = Application.RecentFiles.Maximum
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 50
'do the main processing here
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = OriginalMax

Now as long as there are never more than 50 entries in the registry
(can there be?) it should never have to be run more than once.

--
p45cal

*p45cal*
p45cal's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=558