Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Barb Reinhardt Barb Reinhardt is offline

Default Append worksheet to another inside a directory

You could probably use some of this to get you there.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Marilyn" wrote:

I'm not sure if my first post got in so I'm reposting this, just in case.

I have hundreds of Time Series Excel files inside a file folder. They all
have the same headers, number of columns, and same data types (but different
number of rows).

The files are categorized by their filenames. Example, 0101010A.xlsx is for
one time period and 0101010B is for another time period. There are only two
categories (A and B) in the entire folder.

I need a code that:
(1) reads and compares the first 8 characters of the filenames in the
directory.

If they are the SAME:
A) Appends contents of file *B to file *A after the last row of file
*A. (Do not append the header from file *B).

Thanks for any advice/help.

Marilyn