Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default autofill down until reach variable range

Try

Sub Macro1()
Dim lngLastRow As Long
lngLastRow = Range("C15").End(xlDown).Row
Range("C15") = 1
Range("C16") = 2
Range("C15:C16").AutoFill Destination:=Range("C15:C" & _
lngLastRow), Type:=xlFillDefault
End Sub

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"tpeter" wrote:

I need to number a form using autofill, the start cell is static but the end
cell is a variable. I have written the following code but I can't figure out
how to refer to the varable when autofilling. The code selects the entire
range but I can't figure out how to autofill from c15:LastCell. Thank you for
your help.

Sub num2()
'
' num2 Macro
' Macro recorded 10/23/2009 by tpeter
'

Dim LastCell As Range
Set LastCell = Range("C15").End(xlDown)

Range("C15").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "1"
Range("C16").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "2"
Range("C15:C16").Select
Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("C15:C30"), Type:=xlFillDefault
Range("C15:C28").Select
End Sub