Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default Ribbon and toolbar, program control

Hi Ken

If it is for the whole ribbon use

Sub HideRibbon()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",False)"
End Sub

Sub ShowRibbon()
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro "SHOW.TOOLBAR(""Ribbon"",True)"
End Sub

See also this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/hidevisible.htm

Or on MSDN
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.11).aspx

And part 2
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.11).aspx

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ken" wrote in message ...
I need to hide/redisplay (turn off or on) Excel's ribbon and quick access
toolbar from within a macro. This was easy enough in the older Excels but I
can't figure it out in Excel 2007. If I turn them off and on directly while
recording, all I get is a blank maco. Any help out there? Thanks!

--Ken