Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Luciano Paulino da Silva Luciano Paulino da Silva is offline

Default Palindromes and repeats

On 22 out, 12:51, Luciano Paulino da Silva
wrote:
I forgot to say that it would be selected the palindromes as big as
detected from the order they appear in the text. So, if a big
palindrome is detected the next one will be the following after it in
the string even when there are a palindrome inside it. Similar
procedure will be necessary perform with repeats.
Thanks in advance,Luciano

On 22 out, 12:17,LucianoPaulino da Silva

wrote:
Dear all,
Some time ago (http://groups.google.com.br/group/
microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions/browse_thread/thread/
6b068321053a5c90/c6dcff10540e4bc2?q=palindromes+excel+bernie&lnk=ol &)
Bernie Deitrick helped me to solve a problem related to palindromes
and repeats detection on a string of letters. At present, I need
perform some change on that macros in order to detect non-redundant
palindromes and repeats. In this way, for the sequence bellow my
solution it would be:

QGAGAAAAAAAAGGAGQGG

13 Palindromes detected
GAG
AGA
GAAAAAAAAG
AA
AAA
AAAA
AAAAA
AAAAAA
AAAAAAA
AAAAAAAA
AGGA
GG
GQG * * 1 * * * 3

Now the solution it would be:

QGAGAAAAAAAAGGAGQGG

13 Non-redundant Palindromes detected

GAG
GAAAAAAAAG
GG

The big palindromes should be preferred in the occurrences.
Thanks in advance,
Luciano