Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
maywood maywood is offline

Default VBA - Importing Sheets

It says "variable sh not defined"!

"john" wrote:

see if this dose what you want:

Sub Import_Sheets()
Dim fname As Variant
Dim NewWkb As Workbook
Dim ImportWkB As Workbook

Set NewWkb = ThisWorkbook

fname = Application.GetOpenFilename("XLS-Dateien,*.xls")

If fname < False Then

Set ImportWkB = Workbooks.Open(fname, ReadOnly:=True)

For Each sh In ImportWkB.Sheets

sh.UsedRange.Copy NewWkb.Sheets(sh.Index).Range("B10")

Next sh

ImportWkB.Close False

End If

Set NewWkb = Nothing
Set ImportWkB = Nothing

jb

"maywood" wrote:

Hi,

I got a question for VBA in Excel 2003:

I have different .xls-files in a folder. I need to import some data from the
most up-to-date .xls-file in this folder into a new .xls-file

Example:
In the folder "xy" there is the file "sep_09.xls". I need to copy all the
data from the worksheets 1, 2 & 3 to my file "new.xls" (also to the
worksheets 1, 2 & 3)
By pushing a button in my file "new.xls" I want to get those worksheets from
"sep_09.xls" imported into the different worksheets of "new.xls".

At the moment I am using a code, which only can import one separate worksheet:

Code:

  Option Explicit
  Sub Import_Sheet1()
     Dim fname As Variant

     fname = Application.GetOpenFilename("XLS-Dateien,*.xls")
     If fname < False Then
        With ActiveSheet
           Workbooks.Open fname
           Worksheets(1).UsedRange.Copy .Range("Sheet1!B10")
           ActiveWorkbook.Close False
          End With

For the second worksheet I use a second button with the same code (but:
"worksheets(2)" and ("Sheet2!B10").

How can I manage it to import different worksheets at the same time with one
"central button"?