Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jonathan[_15_] Jonathan[_15_] is offline

Default Macro with a memory

Hi. I am currently downloading a report every day and updating a
spreadsheet with some numbers from that report. My spreadsheet keeps
a history of those numbers for a months time to produce graphs and
such. My report comes in an Excel format and has a date/timestamp so
identification of what date the report corresponds is possible. Can I
make a macro that looks a report dated 10/23/2009 and not delete/
replace the data from 10/01/2009 to 10/22/2009? Hope that is clear
enough.

Furthermore, if possible, I would like to use this macro to look at a
months worth of data at a time. Again, my downloaded report would
have a date stamp (something like "09/01/2009 - 09/30/2009"). I
believe I could write the code for this task on my own, but creating
the logic to do this and the task above is stumping me.

Lastly... best VBA book for beginners? I have some programing
experience (MATLAB), but I still need to learn the VBA language.

Thanks!