Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tpeter tpeter is offline

Default Name range down one cell

I have found the issue, I am not evaluating the correct thing, sorry I have
been staring at this to long. Currently range("Plt_1001") is c15:w15 (this
row can change) I will always have a blank cell underneath this range no
matter what. From a baseline of one row (Plt_1001) the constant is that there
is 2 rows above it with data, then a blank cell seperating different area's.
The criteria show look up 3 rows from Plt_1001 and if there is data there
call "Plt_1001_remove". if there is only 2 rows above it then bring up the
userform and insert additional rows.
Sorry for the confusion.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Since PLT_1001 is multiple cells, you can't compare the .value with a single
value.

But you could do:

with worksheets("somesheetnamehere")
if application.counta(.range("plt_1001").offset(1,0)) = 0 then
'the row under the single row, but multiple columns is empty
else
'there's something in at least one of the cells
end if
end with

If that PLT_1001 range is multiple rows, multiple columns and/or multiple areas,
you'll have to give more information on what should be checked...

tpeter wrote:

Jacob,

Thank you for your help. When I attempt to run it, it will still not work
(getting error). I am attempting to look at the cell below range "Plt_1001"
and if it is blank then bring up a user form to insert rows, if it is not
blank delete all but one row ("Plt_1001"). Everything works except for my
ability to refer to the cell below the named range ( c:w). I hope this
clarifies a little better than before. I have to refer to the name range
because there may be 1000 rows above it or 5 this is a variable.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try the below

If Range("Plt_1001").Offset(1) = "" Then
MsgBox "cell blank"
End If

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"tpeter" wrote:

I am building an if statement to check and see if the cell under Plt_1001
name range is blank. How do you refer to this? Thank you for your help again.

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
Range("Plt_1001").Select
If Range("Plt_1001") -1.value = "" Then ' Doesn't work
Range("Plt_1001").Select
Else
Call Plant_1001

Dave Peterson