Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AZSteve AZSteve is offline

Default How can I delete all named ranges in a workbook or worksheet?

I want to delete all names, so the other posts gave me that answer. However
I will save yours for when I want to keep certain names. Thanks.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

There appear to be certain range names that you should not delete, so here
is a macro that preserves them if they are present and deletes all the
rest...

Sub DeleteNames()
' First seen posted by Bob Phillips
Dim N As Name
For Each N In ActiveWorkbook.Names
If N.Name Like "*_FilterDatabase" Or _
N.Name Like "*Print_Area" Or _
N.Name Like "*Print_Titles" Or _
N.Name Like "*wvu.*" Or _
N.Name Like "*wrn.*" Or _
N.Name Like "*!Criteria" Then
Else
N.Delete
End If
Next N

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"AZSteve" wrote in message
I have 5-15 sheets in a workbook and I want to delete all the names (25 or
so) in each sheet in the workbook. I have not figured out a way to do
this
reliably yet with a macro. Then I need to do it again on the next
workbook.
Suggestions?

.