Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chris Chris is offline

Default .GetOpenFilename - Filter on File Name

Thanks very much Jacob, very useful and thanks for the promptness.

One further thing I discovered thats causing a wobbly, is the file is not a
text file; its a .dat file.

Therefore it doesn't show. I've tried all categories but nothing seemed to
work.

Any chance you might know how this is resolved?

If not, no problem, you've already given me a good solution that I can work
around with, so thanks again.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

With Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogOpen)
.AllowMultiSelect = False
.InitialFileName = "Monthly_Table_*.txt"
.Show
strFile = .SelectedItems(1)
End With

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Chris" wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to filter the "File Name" when I use the .GetOpenFilename
dialog?
I'd like it to open to a folder, and then filter on text files with
"Monthly_Table_*.txt"
(I know I can filter on the ".txt" files, but I'd like to filter on the file
names too)

Thanks in advance for any pointers.
Chris