Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy[_2_] Patrick Molloy[_2_] is offline

Default Finding a date

Interesting. you'd need to parse the iMeet value to first get the month, then
find the week and finally get the day

How would yuo define week 1. If 1st is a Tuesday, is Sunday 6th the first
day of week #2 then?

"camlad" wrote:

How do I identify a particular day in the year?

Having entered 1/1/2010 into A1 and dragged down the whole year I need a
macro which will find the dates on which a number of events occur and paste
into the adjacent cells in column B the name of the event.

So, how can I find the 3rd Wednesday in April and paste in "Event 1".

There is a large number of events to enter each year so I have in mind a
variable for each event to indicate the weekday, week and month. In this
case the macros might be:

Sub Event01()

iMeet = 3404 '3 = third week, 4 = week day 4, 04 = April

sEvent = "Event 1"

FindDate

End Sub

Sub FindDate()

'break iMeet into week, weekday and month, find date and enter event

End Sub

Thanks

Camlad

.