Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ryan H Ryan H is offline

Default User-defined Type Issue

If I put Dim Total As Totals at the top of each module the code wants to
work. But for some reason VBA does not want to recognize Public Total As
Totals in another module, why?

--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Patrick Molloy" wrote:

Your code was fine - all I had to do was set some value in tbxQuantity

making sure
OPTION EXPLICIT
is at the top of each module would have highlighted this

"Ryan H" wrote:

I reed the with statement help and it said it could be used with any
user-defined type. Do you know why it wouldn't work in my application?

--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Patrick Molloy" wrote:

to use totals type you'd need to be absolute

ie

some_material = total.material

an alternative would be to open a new CLASS MODULE, name it cTotals and give
it the variables that you gave to the type.

now you'd SET total = New cTotals

as total is an object of class cTotals, you can use the WITH method as you
showed.

"Ryan H" wrote:

I have a UDF below that is located in a Standard Module.

Type Totals
COGS As Double
Material As Double
Labor As Double
UnitPrice As Currency
QuotePrice As Currency
End Type

I declared a Public Variable in another Standard Module like this.

Public Total As Totals

For some reason when I use Total with the With...End With Statement in the
code below VBA is throwing an exception stating "With object must be
user-defined type, variant or object". Anybody know why?

Sub Test()

With Total

' determines labor effiency % and COGS %
Select Case Val(tbxQuantity)
Case Is = 1
.COGS = 1.1
Case Is = 2