Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
camlad camlad is offline

Default Finding a date

How do I identify a particular day in the year?

Having entered 1/1/2010 into A1 and dragged down the whole year I need a
macro which will find the dates on which a number of events occur and paste
into the adjacent cells in column B the name of the event.

So, how can I find the 3rd Wednesday in April and paste in "Event 1".

There is a large number of events to enter each year so I have in mind a
variable for each event to indicate the weekday, week and month. In this
case the macros might be:

Sub Event01()

iMeet = 3404 '3 = third week, 4 = week day 4, 04 = April

sEvent = "Event 1"

FindDate

End Sub

Sub FindDate()

'break iMeet into week, weekday and month, find date and enter event

End Sub

Thanks

Camlad