Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Modify Vlookup

Actually, I kind of think the ending row of your lookup range should be
absolute like the beginning row is...

=IF(B2="",F2,VLOOKUP(B2,A$2:C$655,3,FALSE))

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
Put this formula in G2 and copy it down...

=IF(B2="",F2,VLOOKUP(B2,A$2:C655,3,FALSE))

This is the same formula that Dave posted with your VLOOKUP function call
substituted in and F2 replacing the question he asked in the second
argument to the IF function.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Charles" wrote in message
On Oct 18, 1:16 pm, Dave Peterson wrote:
=if(b2="","what does rounded of 3886 mean?",vlookup(....))

Charles wrote:

Hi,
I need some help in modifying a vlookup formula the following code
works however I need to modify it so that when the cell in "Like
Store" (B2) is blank the code will place the cell value of Rounded of
"3886" in place of the #N/A.

VLOOKUP(B2,A$2:C655,3,FALSE) This is in the column for "Final
Weighting"

Store Like Store Weighting Weighting % Reduction Weighting - %
Rounded Final Weighting
1001 1006 39142
10 35227.8 35228 39414
1002 1001 36606
10 32945.4 32946 39142
1003 38858
90 3885.8 3886 #N/A

--

Dave Peterson

Hi,

Thanks for the response. it looks like the format of the worksheet did
not carry over in the post.
The "3886 is the value I want to replace the N/A with.
The worksheet format starts in column A thru G.
In column G i have the Vlookup code VLOOKUP(B2,A$2:C655,3,FALSE) .
This work fine, but now I would like to for it to say if the cell
value in column B is "" to instead of putting "#N/A" In Column G it
will Put the value of column F which will be in the same row as the
blank cell in column B.