Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to check if the cell contains number 1 by moving down thecolumns?

If a cell holds: 23451234
Then it contains the numeral (or digit or character) 1.

But it doesn't contain the number 1.

(Just to be argumentative <vbg.)

Mike Fogleman wrote:

The op wasn't too specific about that, but did say "contains the number 1".

Mike F :)
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Nope.

Did you want it to?

If yes, you could use:

If InStr(1, .Cells(myrow, iCol).Value, 1, vbTextCompare) 0 Then
instead of:
if .cells(myrow,icol).value = 1 then

Mike Fogleman wrote:

Dave, suppose the cell value is 695173. Will it find the 1 ?

Mike F
"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
ps.

Fix my typing error(s).

Activcell should be ActiveCell.

(There may be more!)

cyberdude wrote:

Hi,

Suppose the cursor is on a certain row (say row 3 or 40), I want to
check if each cell from column B to column AF contains the number 1.
If it does, the counter i is incremented by 1. I want to do it by a
for next loop such that the column number is a variable. Can it be
done this way? Thank you.

Mike

--

Dave Peterson