Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
winnie123 winnie123 is offline

Default Combine 2 worksheet event change codes

Hi,

I am having problems combining the 2 codes below into 1.

I thought I would be able to just copy the first code and tag it at the
bottom of the second code, but it does not like the line, error on th Range

Range("D" & Rchange, "E" & Rchange, "F" & Rchange).Value = vbNullString
'clears cells for in this row for cols D to F

Any assistance appreciated

Dim Rchange As Integer
Rchange = Target.Row ' row number selected
If Rchange 3 And Rchange < 5 Then ' make sure only applies to rows
18 to 34
If Target.Address = "$B" & "$" & Rchange Then
'MsgBox "Target address changed :" & Target.Address
Range("D" & Rchange, "E" & Rchange, "F" & Rchange).Value =
vbNullString 'clears cells for in this row for cols D to F

End If
Else

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'SAS

Dim rng
Dim r As Long
Dim lc As Long
Dim ans As String
Dim rngDV As Range
If Target.Count 1 Or Target.Column < 3 Then Exit Sub

Me.Unprotect Password:="psswrd"
Set rngDV = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllValidation)
If Intersect(Target, rngDV) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
Target = ""
Application.EnableEvents = True

Exit Sub
End If

r = Target.Row
lc = Cells(r, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column + 1
Application.EnableEvents = False
Cells(r, lc) = Target
Application.EnableEvents = True
If Application.CountIf(Range(Cells(r, "d"), Cells(r, "Q")), Target) 1 Then
ans = MsgBox("Duplicated, Continue?", vbYesNo)
If ans = vbNo Then
Cells(r, lc) = ""
End If
Target = ""
End If
If Not Application.Intersect(Target,
Range("C4,C7,C10,C13,C16,C19,C22,C25,C28,C31,C34") ) _
Is Nothing Then
Selection.ClearContents
End If

Me.Protect Password:="psswrd"