Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Merlynsdad Merlynsdad is offline

Default Constant as network drive

It helps in a way but it brings up another problem. In designing this project
the spreadsheet that I'm using as a database has always been open first. The
Application.Workbooks.Open(constant) does open that database, but my list
boxes in the current workbook that are based on that database don't populate
when it opens. The AutoLoad property is set to True. How do I get them to
populate?

"Gary Brown" wrote:

Try
Application.Workbooks.Open(constant)

--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.

"Merlynsdad" wrote:

I have an Excel file which needs to access another Excel file on a network. I
want to write the filename as a constant. This works fine when the constant
refers to a file on my local drive, but if the constant refers to a network
drive, when the code gets to "Windows (constant).Activate" it fails. How do I
get this to refer to a file on a network drive?