Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default How to delete correct # of rows

Hi Krystal

What is the criteria for deleting the record? Or, What is the criteria for
keeping the record? You can use either to do the job, but it has to be in
an isolated field (row or column) to be able to use it in the loop.

"Krystal Peters" wrote in message
Thanks for the looping code. Any idea on how I can delete the correct
number
of rows/records....?

"Carlos Mallen" wrote:

Hi Krystal,

I don't really understand what you want to do, but here is a macro for
looping through a range of cells.

Option Explicit
Public Sub LoopThrough()
Dim i As Long
Dim m As Long
Dim wks As Worksheet
Dim wksName As String

wksName = "Sheet1" 'for example
Set wks = ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets(wksName)

m = 10 'for example
For i = 1 To m
Debug.Print wks.Cells(i, 1) 'Print in the immediate window the value
of
each cell
Next i

Set wks = Nothing

Carlos Mallen

"Krystal Peters" wrote:

I want to use a macro to clean up a file and save time. The Requests
Found
field is the maximum # of records that can be deleted. So I could have
1
record with a max of 1 to delete or 5 of a record with a max of 3 to
delete
or 1 record with a max of 7 to delete. I assume I will need to loop
through
the rows - any suggestion would be appreaciated. Thanks, Krystal

SAMPLE DATA:

ACCT_NO Requests Found
289278995 1
289278999 1