Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2003 Custom Menus-ShortcutText

Add it in as part of the caption.'

Cap1 = "&Insert Row, Copy Formula Ctl + I"

"John" wrote in message
I would like to display a shortcut key along with Excel's (2003) custom
menu, but can't figure out how to do it. Here's my sub to add my custom
menu:

Sub AddNewMenu()
Dim NewMenu As CommandBarControl
Dim NewItem As CommandBarControls
Dim HelpIndex As Integer
Dim Cap1, Cap2, Cap3, Cap4
Dim Mac1, Mac2, Mac3, Mac4

' Make sure the menus aren't duplicated
Call DeleteMenu

Cap1 = "&Insert Row, Copy Formula"
Cap2 = "&Delete Row on Database"
Cap3 = "&Add New Group"

' Get Index of Help Menu
HelpIndex = CommandBars(1).Controls("Help").Index

' Create the control
Set NewMenu = CommandBars(1). _
Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlPopup, _
befo=HelpIndex, Temporary:=True)
NewMenu.Caption = "Data&base menu"
NewMenu.BeginGroup = "True"

CommandBars(1).Controls("Help").BeginGroup = True

' Add Menu Item
Set NewItem = CommandBars(1). _
Controls("Database menu").Controls

With NewItem
.Add.Caption = Cap1
.Add.Caption = Cap2
.Add.Caption = Cap3
.Add.Caption = Cap4
End With

How can I add short cut text to this menu? For instance, with Cap1 above
("&Insert Row, Copy Formula") I'd like it to say Ctrl-I off to the right.
.I know it takes the ShortcutText property. Thank you