Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TBD TBD is offline

Default Do cells have a string-property I can use to store "stuff" wit

Hi Dave,
The range.cells(#,#).ID seems to work great! This sheet gets "painted"
every time the workbook is opened, IDs are assigned string-data during Paint
(or edit.)

I didn't bother to enclose the data in tags, but I'll remember ID is for
HTML and appreciate the background.

Perfect!!!
Thanks!!!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could always use another cell (on a hidden worksheet???).

xl2002 (I think) added a property to the range object named .Id.

Depending on what you're doing, it may be useful. The .id property is used for
HTML stuff.

If you save as a normal excel workbook and close and reopen the workbook, then
your data in the .id property won't be there.

Option Explicit
Sub aaa()
Worksheets(1).Range("A1").ID = "hi there"
End Sub
Sub bbb()
MsgBox Worksheets(1).Range("A1").ID
End Sub

tbd wrote:

Greetings,
Am currently seeking a way to store date,row,col info WITH each cell.
Q. Do cells have a user-defined (string) property?

This question grows out of a need to simplify associating a cell with
some other detail. For more detail, please see my previous post!

Thanks/Cheers!

--

Dave Peterson