Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default application.quit in Excel 2003 doesn't work after call to Solver

I don't know if the OP solved the problem, but for the Application to close
using Application.Quit, everything that was opened during that instance of
excel must be closed prior to executing the command. If VBA finds anything
at all open in that instance, it will not close the Application.

<Ann Leland wrote in message ...
Were you ever able to solve this problem, if so how did you do it?

justin.arnold wrote:

Application.Quit Does not Close the Application
18-Sep-08

Thanks for the reply. I tried both suggestions and Excel still will
not close. If I don't use ActiveWorkbook.Close then the everything
stays open after the Macro is run. Does anyone have any other
reccomendations? Could it be that the solver.xla object needs to be
closed before Excel can be closed? Forgive me but I'm very new to VBA
and I'm still trying to learn it. Also, I have tried this in Excel
2000 and I receive the same results (Excel does not close). Any help
at all would be appreciated. I've spent hours trying to find a
resolution and I'm getting rather frustrated. Thanks

J A

Microsoft Webservice HTC Behavior Revisited
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...rvice-htc.aspx