Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default Is this a bug in excel 2007 charting

I followed your instructions except that I used a chart with markers and
lines and got the expected result: the B data series was displayed with
lines while the C was only markers. Then I formatted the C data series and
in Chart Tools | Design | Select Data I opened the Hidden & Empty Cells
dialog where I used Connect Data Points with Lines. Now both data series are
displayed with markers and lines.

Next I did as you said and made a chart with just lines (Unsmoothed). As
expected the C series was invisible but its legend told me it was present.
Then I again used Chart Tools | Design | Select Data and opened the Hidden
& Empty Cells dialog where I used Connect Data Points with Lines. Now both
data series are displayed with markers and lines.

From my view point, Excel is working as advertized.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Brian Murphy" wrote in message
This one is really throwing me for a loop.
Paste the data below on a blank sheet, and select it.
This, of course, has to be done with Excel 2007.
Use the ribbon to insert an XY scatter chart with straight lines
connecting the points.
What I get is a chart without any visible data series.
When I delete the pair of zeros in the 4th line from the bottom,
suddenly the two data series appear.
Or changing the chart type to "smooth lines" makes them appear.
I would appreciate it if someone could confirm what I'm getting.
This had me going until nearly 1 am last night.

Thanks,

Brian

0 0 0
0 0.5 -0.5