Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
UB UB is offline

Default Formula Bar Hidden

I added code
activeworkbook.save
after the Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True statement.
But it still does not work.

Please advise, if I need to change the save statement

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

After thought. You will also need to save the workbook after you re-instate
the Formula Bar, otherwise it will open in the last saved state.

"ub" wrote in message
Hi
I have written a VBA code to hide formula bar in the Workbook open event.
The code is :
If Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True then
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
End if

To bring the formula bar back once I exit out of this workbook, I wrote a
code in workbook before close event and the code is
If Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False then
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = True
End if

I am able to hide the formula bar, but it never brings the formula bar
visible for the application. Every time, after using this sheet, I have to
manualy add the formula bar.

Please advise, how can I correct this problem