Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Patrick Molloy[_2_] Patrick Molloy[_2_] is offline

Default Mid Function with XlInsertObject Hlp!

try using this method instead

chDrive = "C"
chDir = "C:\temp"
sFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename()

"Joyce" wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to use XlInsertObject to bring the user to the Insert File
dialog, with display as icon True and Link False.

I'd like to display the name of the fall (not the entire path) as the label.
I've tried to incorporate the Mid function into the code, but am failing
miserably.

Dim FName As String
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogInsertObject).Show , , , True, , , ,
"=Mid(FName, InStrRev(FName, " \ ") + 1)"

Thanks.