Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Softcode Path from File Open dialog

I thought I have responded..OK...I have read your responses to Mike in
MSwebnewsreader itself. If I understand you correctly the below would belp

'Modify your Sub as below; So that myPath is an argument be passed while
calling 'this sub
Sub LoopThroughDirectory(myPath as String)
'your code
End Sub

'From personal.xls
LoopThroughDirectory "C:\temp\"

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Max" wrote:

Thanks Jacob. Afraid I had difficulties trying it out. My original thread
where Mike responded is at: http://tinyurl.com/yewknly
Could I trouble you to check out my objectives/feedback to Mike (but I
received no further reply from Mike) over there, which might explain it
better? I need to fire the sub from somewhere independent (eg from
Personal.xls), then "point" it to the particular folder with the 4 files
(1.xls, 2.xls, 3.xls & 4.xls) and then leave the sub to do the rest of the
job ... creating a 1234.xls, saving this file into that particular folder,
and stack up all the data from 1.xls, 2.xls, 3.xls & 4.xls.