Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TBD TBD is offline

Default got it - Tools\Customize

Tools\Customize for application defaults
.... I think the help refers to tool\OPTIONs, which seems to be
worksheet-specific.

Cheers!
"tbd" wrote:

Greetings,
I used VBA to remove menu and tool bars from the first sheet of an
.xls I'm developing, but managed to change Excel's defaults such that when
simply launching excel, the menu-bar is missing!

Does Excel use a configuration text-file I can change with notepad?

Note: I can open Help via the code-page (right-click on 'sheet1'
view code) but can't change worksheet properties there. I can get to
worrksheet menu-bar by opening my VBA code, it runs code to show menus,
though, my attempts to reset default properties have failed.

Thanks/Cheers!