Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I identify the current locale?

I think you can use this...

LCID = Application.LanguageSettings.LanguageID(msoLanguag eIDUI)

It returns the LCID as shown on this webpage...

http://www.science.co.il/Language/Lo...asp?s=codepage

It returns 1033 for my English(US) system (not sure which English code page
you were referring to) and it should return 1036 for a French(France) system
(although like the English code pages, there are several for French besides
France).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"JR" wrote in message
Hi.

I need to be able to identify the locale that a system is using in order
use and IF, THEN, ELSE or CASE statement. This is because a solution that
works for English doesn't work for French, and the solution for French
doesn't work for English.

Is there a simple piece of VBA that will question the system so that I can
then select which line of code to use depending on the locale?

Your help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

JR