Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Geoff K Geoff K is offline

Default Getting data from a closed wbook

I mentioned in my first post here that I was looking at using a formula to
include MATCH(99^99 or MATCH("ZZZ" etc The idea is to get a row value for
every field, then get the maximum which will give me the last used row and
original record count.

It coincidently looks similar to Ron de Bruin's code in his Main Program at
the bottom of the page. What is interesting is how he turns formulae into
values. I insert my formula on my hidden Add-in wsheet. But last night I
was getting stuck on how to convert the results into a value - so that
snippet will be useful.

But - even this method fails with the largest UsedRange flaw. The wbk justs
hangs. And even with normal wbks it can be very slow. I have to check all
fields for end of row because required fields are not always in the same
order and I need th get the original count prior to processing.

Geoff

"RB Smissaert" wrote:

Did you try the fixed code that works with ADO?

RBS