Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Format Textbox w/ $ sign

Private Sub TextBox10_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
Me.TextBox10.Value = Format(Me.TextBox10.Value, "$ #,##.00")
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
Me.TextBox10.Value = "$"

End Sub

"jeff" wrote:

On Oct 2, 1:11 pm, Jeff wrote:
Private Sub TextBox10_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
TextBox10.Value = Format(TextBox10.Value, "$ #,##.00")
End Sub

"jeff" wrote:
I guess I'm not going to find this out with a search. Seems it would
be simple.

All I want is for TextBox10 to have a $ sign in it. I'll even let the
user supply the decimal.
I've tried variations of this in the initialization sub:
TextBox10 = Format(c, "###,###.##")
I've tried it w/ the C, w/o the C. With $ signs. Anything I could
think of. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
j.o.- Hide quoted text -

I do appreciate the help. But, it still doesn't show with the $ in the
textbox. I see the word "exit" in the statement you gave me. That
makes me wonder if I was misunderstood. What I want is for the
$ to show up in the textbox when the userform comes up. Then the
user puts in the amount.
thanks
j.o.