Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JLGWhiz[_2_] JLGWhiz[_2_] is offline

Default protection violation with ScreenUpdating change

Seem like sometimes they have a mind of their own. <g

"B Lynn B" wrote in message
and one other puzzling thing about it... after choosing to debug and am
on
this statement, I can step right through it with no error.

"B Lynn B" wrote:

I'm totally baffled. I have code for a worksheet_change event that
begins
with "Application.ScreenUpdating = False". It's been working just great
for
a long time and through all kinds of changes to the file and code. The
worksheet is protected only for contents and structure with
UserInterfaceOnly
set to true, so the forms and modules can make changes without
unprotecting.

Now all of a sudden, I'm getting a 1004 error on the ScreenUpdating
statement, saying the sheet I'm trying to change is protected. Can
someone
enlighten me how the heck sheet protection has anything to do with
ScreenUpdating? And why would this come up at all if UserInterfaceOnly
is
set to true?