Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick event question

Figured it out... On Cell Select turn off drag and drop and use a ontime
event to turn it back on a couple of seconds later. Something like this...

Application.CellDragAndDrop = False
Application.OnTime Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 3), "ResetDragAndDrop"
End Sub

Public Sub ResetDragAndDrop()
Application.CellDragAndDrop = True
End Sub

Select fires before double click. It is not ideal but you do have drag and
drop most of the time...

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

I'm specifically using the doubleclick event to do something and this
"feature" is particularly annoying. The only way I've found around it is to
do this

Application.CellDragAndDrop = FALSE 'On WorkBook_Open

I HATE doing that, but it is what it is.

Thanks for your help.

Barb Reinhardt

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Nothing that I know of. When you are directly over the cell you get the
standard cursor. When you are over the border of the active cell you get the
Move cursor (4 Arrows). Even on a double click the first click activates the
cell. If the second click is associated with the move handle then the goto
end is the standard actions and the double click is not assocated with the
cell. Since I never use the goto end feature by double clicking it is really
annoying for no particularily good reason.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote:

Sometimes when I doubleclick on a cell, the cursur jumps to the cell below
the last used cell in the column. What can I do to prevent this?

Thanks,
Barb Reinhardt