Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joyce Joyce is offline

Default CheckBox / Linked Cell Problem

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response. The sheet is indeed protected and the linked
cells are unlocked and reside in a hidden column.

What happens is that the TRUE value simply gets cleared and the value in the
actual control property is removed - it doesn't display false - just nothing,
as though it was deleted.

Any other ideas?

Thanks very much.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'm betting that your worksheet is protected and those linkedcells are locked.

You could try to unlock those linkedcells and test it again.

Maybe move the linked cells to a (hidden) sheet--or hide that column???

Joyce wrote:

Hello,

I have Check Boxes (from the Control Toobox toolbar) in my worksheet. Some
of these are linked to cells so that I can write IF statements to see the
status of True or False.

My problem is that when the users click the Clear Form command button, the
tick marks are cleared from all check boxes, except for those that are linked
to a cell. Those ones have the grayed out ticked mark, even though the
Triple State property is False. Here is the part of the code that clears the
check boxes:

'Clear check boxes
With ActiveSheet
For Each Ctrl In .OLEObjects
If TypeName(Ctrl.Object) = "CheckBox" Then
Ctrl.Object.Value = False
End If
Next Ctrl
End With