Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default copy records from range to another range

Joe
I still don't have a clear understanding of what you want, but maybe
this macro will get you started. I assumed that the sheet you are copying
FROM is the active sheet, and the sheet into which to paste is named "Two".
This macro will copy visible cells only. It will copy the range of Column A
from row 2 down, and 10 columns wide, and it will paste this into the first
empty cell in Column A in sheet "Two". HTH Otto
Sub CopyVisible()
Dim rColA As Range
Dim Dest As Range
With Sheets("Two")
Set Dest = .Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(, 1)
Set rColA = Range("A2", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
rColA.Resize(, 10).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy Dest
End With
End Sub
"Joe" wrote in message
OK - here is more detail - I know how to extract records using advance
filters. I know how to put them in a blank set of records. The question
is
- how do I add them to another set of records and I want to use a macro to
do
it. The number of rows keeps expanding so I don't have the same row
number
to use. I know I need the same column headers but I don't want to replace
the old records I want to add new records to the old records.

"Joe" wrote:

I have an input range of potentially 200 rows of daily data. I want to
copy
only those records with data and add them to a perpetual range of data
for
the year. This year data grows. How do I use a macro using an advanced
filter to extract the records and add them to the other range of data?