Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Looking for a value in a previous row

If I understand you correctly; the data row will always be filled (especially
ColA,ColB,ColC) and for the current row these columns will not be filled.

In that case; the below code should give you the previous data row. Try and
feedback

Dim lngDataRow as Long
lngDataRow = Cells(Activecell.row, "C").End(xlUp).Row

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"ejack" wrote:

I am trying to determine a previous row number in a chart like this --
.
.
.
xxx xxx data xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx xxx
xxx xxx xxx xxx
.
.
.
xxx xxx xxx xxx (how many rows
back to data row?)
.
.
.

I would like to know the contents of the data and other cells in that row in
the lower rows. I can't figure out what key words to search for in the
discussion groups. Your help would be greatly appreciated.