Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default BEFORE SheetSelectionChange

Cells are, by default, locked IF the sheet is protected. use a
worksheet_change event if UNlocked

If Target < "" Then Target.Locked = True

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Brad" wrote in message
Thanks for taking the time to read my question.

I'm using Excel 2003 and I want to capture changes to a cell's value. How
do
I know with VBA that a cells value has changed / updated?

I tried SheetSelectionChange, but it only gives me the value of the new
cell.

Basically what I'm trying to do is if a cells value has gone from "" to
anything, lock the cell so it can't be edited.

Thanks,

Brad