Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Manfred F Manfred F is offline

Default Best Practice for Obtaining hWnd

Hi Karl,

"Karl E. Peterson" wrote:

You have very good company on that advice!

http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/ar...6/8969399.aspx

Thank You very much for this clarifying info.
I've only got a limited understanding of API functions, but - by occasion -
I was right then:
I use the GetActiveWindow to get "my" active word window and use
GetForegroundWindow to check whether word is in the foreground before I
display a userform or a messagebox. Eventually, I set "my" window to the
foreground before..

Regards,
Manfred