Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
wblake0926 wblake0926 is offline

Default Macro Help

Thanks for the quick response, this is difficult being so new, I probably did
an aweful job explaining what I am trying to do this is what my spread sheet
has in Column C:

Agency ( Agcy )
Agency ( Agcy ) Total
Banking ( Bank )
Banking ( Bank )
Banking ( Bank )
Banking ( Bank ) Total
Basic Industry ( Basc )
Basic Industry ( Basc )
Basic Industry ( Basc ) Total
Brokerage ( Brkg )
Brokerage ( Brkg )
Brokerage ( Brkg ) Total

What I would like to do is go down the column and find everything that ends
in Total and insert a blank row... I hope this explanation is better, I
apologize for being so vague on last post, appreciate the help

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Do you mean?

strFind = "Consumer Discretionary Total"
OR
strFind = Range("A1")

Set r = Columns("C").Find(strFind, _
LookAt:=xlPart, MatchCase:=False)
r.Offset(, 1).Select

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"wblake0926" wrote:

Good Day,
I am new to writing Macros and my first one worked to the specific data but
now that the data has change it is getting caught up and need a little help
on how to correct it. The following is where it is getting hung up and I
think I need to make it a little more general but not sure where to start.
Here is what I have:

Do Until ActiveCell.Value = "Consumer Discretionary Total"

Set R = Columns("C").find("Consumer Discretionary Total", LookAt:=xlPart,
MatchCase:=False)
R.Offset(, 1).Select

Any help offered is greatly appreciated.. Thank you for your time