Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MichaelDavid MichaelDavid is offline

Default Excel Can't Complete This Task with Available Resources.

Greetings! I was running an Excel Macro using Excel 2007 Home and Student.
The program ran normally for 4 hours retrieving data from the internet using
the macro program Macro Scheduler 11.06 and Internet Explorer 7.0. My machine
has Windows Vista with Service Pack 1. It has 1 GB RAM. After about 4 hours,
I saw the following message:
"(X) Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less
data or close other applications." In 3 years of running these macros, I had
never seen this problem before.
At the time of this problem, System Information reported the following:
Installed Physical Memory: 1GB
Total Physical Memory: 997 MB
Available Physical Memory: 350 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.21 GB
Page File Space 1.27 GB

At the time of the problem, COMPUTER reports that the C Drive (on which
Excel resides) has 37.3 GB free of 67.4 GB.
Three Excel workbooks were open. The largest of these is 12,856 KB. The
other 2 workbooks are 1866 and 292 KB in size respectively. Does anyone know
what might have caused this problem? Could it just have been a fluke? Any and
all suggestions and comments are most welcome.
--
May you have a most blessed day!

Sincerely,

Michael Fitzpatrick