Jim Thomlinson

I was refering to a simple physical re-arrangement of the source data into
the format that I showed. By simply moving the blocks of cells around it
should not take more than a couple of minutes to get the data into the proper
5 colum format. Once that is done then you can click Data - Pivot Table and
follow the wizard to create the table. Make sure that your dates are actual
dates and not just text. You can then group on the dates and group by month
and day. Place the date in the row acress the top of the Pivot Table. Place
the times in the middle (these must be actual times not text). Place the
month in the top left corner. You will need to remove any subtotals that may
be inserted by right clicking on the time and change the totaing option to
none. You may also need to change the Table options to remove any subtotals.
This can be done from the pivot table tool bar.

If you want a code solution for this, that is a pile more work. The post
that you show is going to require an understanding of code that is probably
over your head. If you want to download it and take a stab at we can help you
with any specific issues you may have.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your prompt reply and recommendation. I'm not very advance
when it comes to using Excel, can you explain how to do that? I
stumbled across the SNAKECOLS webpage
(http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm) but am unclear
which macro/function will serve my purpose.

Regards,
Greg

Jim Thomlinson wrote:
My recommendation would be to rearrange the data as follows:

Date SunRise SunSet MoonRise MoonSet
Jan 1 8:00 20:00 17:00 7:00
Jan 2 ...

From here you can pivot the data with a pivot table,allowing you to
reorganize the data to appear however you want. Keep in mind that the days
running across the columns will not work as there are 365 days and only 256
columns...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson