Anne Troy

Actually, I cannot think of a better/easier program to use for your purpose.
Way to go. :)
Now select ALL your data, and hit Ctrl+C to copy it.
Go to a new worksheet and hit Edit--Paste special--Transpose.
That's it!
Stay healthy!
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

wrote in message
I had a heart attack last year, and my doctor told me to keep a
journal of diet, exercise, etc. I'm using an Excel worksheet to do
it. Each column is a day of the year, and the rows are items, like
how far I walked that day, how much I ate, how much sleep, my weight,
my blood pressure, etc. As I got in the habit of using it, I started
adding other stuff, so now it's become an important repository of data
for me.

The problem is, I thought Excel had essentially unlimited rows and
columns, and it turns out that it only has 256 columns, which isn't
enough for a year. It has thousands of rows, and I have way less than
200 categories of activities I record, so if I could just switch the
rows and columns around, I would be OK.

So I have two questions:

1) Is there any way to swap the rows and columns around, without
losing the data? In other words, can I change it so that the rows are
the dates, and the columns are the activities?

2) Is there a relatively cheap and easy to learn program that would be
better than Excel for what I'm doing (daily journal)?

Thanks for any help.